Conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work.
Performing / Presenting / Producing
Performing (dance, music, theatre): Realizing artistic ideas and work through interpretation and presentation. Presenting (visual arts): Interpreting and sharing artistic work. Producing (media arts): Realizing and presenting artistic ideas and work.
Understanding and evaluating how the arts convey meaning.
Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context.
A process that guides educators in providing a unified quality arts education for students in Kindergarten through high school.
- Anchor Standard #1 Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work
- Anchor Standard #2 Organize and develop artistic ideas and work
- Anchor Standard #3 Refine and complete artistic work
- Anchor Standard #4 Analyze, interpret, and select artistic work for presentation
- Anchor Standard #5 Develop and refine artistic work for presentation
- Anchor Standard #6 Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work
- Anchor Standard #7 Perceive and analyze artistic work
- Anchor Standard #8 Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work
- Anchor Standard #9 Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work
- Anchor Standard #10 Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art
- Anchor Standard #11 Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural and historical context to deepen understanding
Browse the Handbooks:
Arizona Standards at a Glance
Enduring Understandings & Essential Questions
Choose Art Discipline
Model Cornerstone Assessments
Student Artwork Samples